Data Scientist with 12+ years of programming experience and 4+ years of experience in data analytics and visualization.
Skills & Proficiency
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning, Transformers
- Natural Language Processing
- Bayesian Modeling
- Data Structures
- Parallel Processing
- XML parsing
- Web Development, HTML/CSS
- Uses textual analysis to help government funders and clients understand research trends and emerging topics
- Worked with machine learning models to perform topical analysis on research grants, publications, etc.
- Used Dash to build dashboards that narrate results for government funding clients
- Designed and implemented parallel processing pipelines that achieved a 3x speed-up when analyzing terabytes of biomedical text.
- Used weak supervision for a 1.5x speed-up when training deep learning models (recurrent neural networks and transformers) to extract biomedical relationships from biomedical text.
- Applied a k-nearest-neighbor model to provide scientists with a web service that identifies a listing of journals linguistically similar to a preprint of interest.
- Applied a time series analysis to discover over 20,000 different timepoints where words have changed their semantic meaning.
National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
University of Maryland Baltimore County