Data Scientist with 12+ years of programming experience and 4+ years of experience in data analytics and visualization.
Skills & Proficiency
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning, Transformers
- Natural Language Processing
- Bayesian Modeling
- Data Structures
- Parallel Processing
- XML parsing
- Web Development, HTML/CSS
- Used textual analysis to help government funders and clients understand of research trends and emerging topics
- Designed and implemented parallel processing pipelines that achieved 3x speed up on analyzing terabytes worth of biomedical text.
- Used weak supervision for a 1.5x speedup on training deep learning models (recurrent neural networks and transformers) to extraction biomedical relationships from biomedical text.
- Applied a k-nearest-neighbor model to provide scientists with a web service that identifies a listing of journals linguistically similar to a preprint of interest.
- Applied time series analysis techniques to discover over 20,000 different timepoints where words have changed their semantic meaning.
National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
University of Maryland Baltimore County